Anyone out there?

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Anyone out there?

Post by linotas »

Happy New Year Everyone :drunk:

I'm not sure who is around that this time of year, but if anyone is out there, does anyone have the "red" bunsen burners? HOD wants some good quality bunsens and mentioned some red ones she had at her previous school. If anyone knows how to source them I would love to know or any other suggestions for good, strong burning bunsens.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

Re: Anyone out there?

Post by Ian »

You seem to be "a voice crying in the wilderness" linotas!

Sorry. I am not familiar the red BB. If they are red, then they MUST be better! :-)

I hope you find them

regards

Ian :)
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

They probably go faster too :giggle:
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Hey Merilyn (and others)! Good to see you back on deck! When did you get back to work? I started back last week (18th Jan) but it has been pretty quiet here on ChemTalk.
I look forward to many good "on-line" chats throughout the year!
Welcome back to all.
ian :grin:
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I started on 23rd. Sorry I don't know where to find 'red' bunsens... they do seem to be a different quality these days. We've tried a few suppliers and cant get any as good as the 'old' ones. It takes forever for the prac where the kids light magnesium in a crucible. The crucible just doesn't get hot enough :( I think now they end up lighting the magnesium and dropping it in instead. Not nearly as accurate for quantitative measurements...
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I have red ones. They are labelled Met-App, which seems to be a Melbourne based company. Not sure who my supplier was, but when I looked Met-App up, they have their own website, with every bunsen known to man, so check it out.

School started Monday up here. Think we're trying to get a few weeks of schooling in before another Cyclone totals us again. See if that's not a prophecy now!

My big laugh for the week is that my personal piece of creation did some 20-questions test and scored 19 out of 20 for Left-Brain dominance. Yay! Not that we needed to bother with the test. Nothing arty about my kid - it's all Maths, Science and Logic.
Cheers, K 8-)