Survey for Training purposes - New England Region NSW

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie
State/Location: NSW

Survey for Training purposes - New England Region NSW

Post by lizzieb »

This is for all science assistants in the New England Region, NSW. :coffee:

I am doing a 2 year stint on the Regional SASS Reference Group. These committees are made up of representatives from all facets of SASS:

SAM - primary & secondary & small school
SAO - primary & secondary
TAS - permanent & temporary
AEA
GA
SAO (other)
PSA rep
Regional Office rep

and operate in all regions of NSW. They are a joint initiative of the DET&T and the PSA, with a breif of optimising professional learning opportunities for SASS.

I was appointed as the 'other - Science'. My reason for nominating to be on the committee was 'to raise the profile of science assistants, particularly in regard to creating hands-on training and networking opportunities'.

It's been an exciting learning curve so far this year. We have organised one training day here in Tamworth, which was well received, and now are sending out surveys to get some feedback from the various SASS roles as to their training needs. Ideally, we'd like to organise something in each area of the region if possible.

If you work at a NE DET school, please watch out for a fax today. Hopefully I can get them all out during the strike period \:D/ !! Please fill them out (add more paper if you want to say more - not much space is given, and I'd like you to give as much detail about your training needs as possible), and get them back to me asap, so I can correlate them ready to be presented at our next meeting early next term. As we only meet once per term, and it takes some time to organise these days, so the sooner we can get started the better!

Please pass this info on to any other labbies in your local network.

Thanks for your support
Last edited by lizzieb on 02 Sep 2008, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
kitty kat

Re: Survey for Training purposes - New England Region NSW

Post by kitty kat »

HI,
I have been on the referance group in south western region group if you need a hand on what to do just contact me I will help.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Thanks Kathy,

Your offer of help and support is most appreciated. We are working with an excellent regional rep, who's been on the committee since it's instigation. Now that there's been confirmation of further funding, we're keen to plan more training opportunities, hence the survey to see what people want most.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Liz
if you need some help let me know
Rosalie