A Different year??!

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
kimm
State/Location: QLD

A Different year??!

Post by kimm »

Before i go any further - I am in no way complaining- at all - nope - not one bit..not a mutter - ......loving it in fact....but I am curious. Usually I am absolutely run off my feet with pracs - but this year (and it is the first out of 10) - that i am not. It is wonderful to get into all those other maintenance jobs that have been pushed to the side - but I still wonder. It feels like the teachers are so pushed for time with the change in the school holidays that they are leaving out alot of the pracs. Our Biology EEI's are next term so i know it will be busy then.
I stupidly mentioned this to my HOD the other day and she said she will find me some work. Give myself an upper cut for that one. :unsure:
I am in Qld - anyone else seen a difference this year.
carol58a
State/Location: NSW

Re: A Different year??!

Post by carol58a »

Hi,
Yes, I am noticing a difference - even crazier than before. This year has been much busier here, but it is a selective school. I am in NSW by the way. I wish I could have it easier, I too have a lot of "housekeeping" I could do, but don't have the time. To top things off, I have a new part-time lab assistant that I have been trying to train up since the beginning of this year. A lot more work too.

Have fun up there in Queensland.

Carol.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Can I come and work with you? My school has increased the number of Science classes in uniors and the number of Senior classes. Every year the workload increases exponentially .. ah for sunny Qld - perfect one minute, magic the next .... :thumbup:
kimm

Post by kimm »

OK - I just thought i would let you know - life is no longer quiet - my lab has exploded into craziness - I think all our teachers have rescheduled EVERYTHING to this term. I have open ended EEI's for 12 Biology, 11 biology, 12 chem, 11 chem - all using my prep room for setup and storage of all the EEI's. Which also translates into students in here from the time i get to school to the time i leave - it is constant babysitting.
Now I feel normal again!!
Kim
lada

Post by lada »

Isn't there a saying " Be careful what you wish for?" :cheesy:
lada
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

That sounds the same as my job here. I can go for weeks with not much to do in the way of pracs and then all of a sudden they are coming in thick and fast. Term 3 here is always a busy one and the prac orders started at day 1 this term and they haven't slowed down. Its great =D> I'd rather be busy, keep you on your toes and the day goes sooo fast. \:D/
smiley

Post by smiley »

We're busy, but my HOD said no more EEI's unless kids have a mark they'd really like to upgrade. \:D/ Gotta love my boss. :D

Cheers, K 8-)