Equipment and chemicals for year 11 and 12

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Teigan
State/Location: NT

Equipment and chemicals for year 11 and 12

Post by Teigan »

Hi all,

We are a school catering for K-10 in the Northern Territory. Next year we are staring senior years with 11 and 12 beginning at the school. Does anyone have suggestions for equipment and chemicals that we should buy to cater for the senior curriculum?

Thanks,
Teigan
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Re: Equipment and chemicals for year 11 and 12

Post by Lis »

Hi Teigan

Distillation equipment, burettes & digital camera/microscope

Lisa :thumbup:
dime

Post by dime »

For chemistry you will need small funnels to fill burettes and burette clamps, 25ml pipettes, as well as the 10ml, volumetric flasks 100, 250 and 500ml. Maybe a UV light. Physics, well you will need a bit of stuff, so a teacher will probably need to check out the syllabus and give you plenty of time to buy the things you'll need. Possibly an induction coil, crookes tube, polarising sheet, air track, superconductor kit (if you have access to liquid nitrogen), free fall aparatus, coils. That is off the top of my head. I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy a CRO, as you can use the free computer program Audacity to do some of the stuff.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Do a search if you can on here because I am pretty sure this question has been asked before and there were some good responses.