Limit of chemical

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
lita*
State/Location: NSW

Limit of chemical

Post by lita* »

In a past life, I remember that we were limited to the amount of chemical that we could store.
Does anyone know of a document that tells you what the limit are for chemical storage? I have looked through CSIS online I can't find anything. Maybe I'm dreaming....
dime

Re: Limit of chemical

Post by dime »

There are limits for dangerous goods. This is covered in the stocktake section of CSIS. After a certain amount, you have to have a licence. I can't imagine too many schools would have that much.
WE are also only meant to have enough chemicals to do pracs for the forseeable future, as they go off apparently. Funny how chemicals that have been here since Adam wore shorts are still looking OK and work. But I did get rid of anything in excess of 3 jars of more uncommon stuff.
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury

Post by vlclabbie »

There is a wonderful list of use by dates for chemicals by our own Dr Robb in the wiki section of this site... go to the board index to find it. Thanks to Dr Robb again! :thumbup:
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Hi Lita,

Do you have the CSIS package? Volume 1, Appendix B - Schedules for the inventory of chemicals listed in Appendix A, shows the Dangerous Goods classifications and gives totals allowed to be stored.

I don't have my manifest on Chemwatch yet, but seem to remember a training session that suggested it's program notified you if you were storing more than the limit, but perhaps someone can confirm that for you.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by MariaC »

:giggle: Hi Lita, after doing the stocktake there last year you dont have anything in excess unless a certain Chem teacher :crazy: is trying to get you to order lots of something noxious :giggle: hope your having fun miss nearly everyone there! MariaC