Real life bugs and insects

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Re: Real life bugs and insects

Post by Lis »

Hi Rosalie,

we have done the same with missing stickers, a piece if paper underneath the bug in the display case, and I was hoping, extra stickers will come later. We have 3 binders, although I did have to ring them to get the next one sent out. Not sure of a better way to store the mags, but with the binders they sent, they could still be damaged when they are looked at, maybe like Smiley said and a little library tape, good luck

cheers
Lisa
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Hi All,

Late last year we stopped our subscpiption as we by then had a collection of over 30 insects.
Over the last few weeks I have spent "spare" time sorting ours and preparing a classification sheet for the insects we had.
I separated them out into 3 class sets of 9 insects each but can use the same classification table for each set.
I have down loaded the shets I prepared, one sheet has the answers and the other just has soaces for the kids to put in the answers. It may be of benefit to others who have this collection, if you didn't get to 30 you may still find you can use the table.

I thought others may as well make use of it and not have to spend time themselves sorting them. :thumbup:

Wendy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

WOW! I am in awe of you! :hi: :clap3: Thanks so much for that. I have copied it and intend to run it by my Bio teacher next lesson.

Wish we still had that Karma bizzo going, coz I'd send you some. :D :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Wow Wendy!! Ditto what Smiley said!!

We are still getting our collection... So far so good :) I will be glad when it is all here :) Still annoyed that the books don't fit in plastic sleeves... They are currently tucked nicely in the back of the original folder. I don't really want to hole-punch them to put in folders and I didn't want to pay for more of the folders made for it. Someone else said the library was looking after their's so maybe I will ask the librarians if they have a good way to store them :)
bindi

Post by bindi »

Hi Wendy
Just one thing to make your flow chart a bit more accurate, the heading should be just 'Insects' as bugs are a type of insect in entomological classification.
Nice job!
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Awesome Wendy, thanks so much and you are so kind for sharing it with us, I think the same with the karma, I send it to you too, have a great day
Lisa :D