Rocks and Minerals

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo
State/Location: NSW

Rocks and Minerals

Post by Mother »

Hi all
Would any of you clever,clever labbies out there know where I can order rocks and minerals?
Or maybe order a catalogue from a company that sells such things.A phone number would be great.
Thanks
Mother
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Re: Rocks and Minerals

Post by rae »

Hi Mother
There was a discussion about this last year if you do a search for fossils there was a number of companies listed that also do minerals.

Good luck

Lorrae
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Hi Mother,

I have purchased quite a number of different rocks from Serrata.
They are about 25mm x 25mm and come in a bag of 10 rocks for about $15-20 depending on which rock you want. They have a very extensive list. Sometimes I leave them this size, others I have broken again to give me more specimins.

I have my rocks in chinese food containers, 10 rocks ie a class set per container with the container labelled and a small photo of the rock on the lid so hopefully the rocks get back to their rightful homes. I try and get the teachers to count them in and out, especially the lovely ones like obsidian, pegmatite and galena. The first time I sent the obsidian out one " went missing", so I had to split the largest rock to get back my class set :mad:

Hope this helps,

Wendy
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi,
I found a place in Brisbane last year that had a good supply of rock, fossils etc.treasureenterprises.com
Estelle
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Hi Mother,
Omega Scientific in S.A. also have a fairly good selection. Phone (08) 8289 4311; Fax (08) 8289 4322; or check out their website http://www.omegascientific.com.au. Click on price list, then earth sciences to see what's available.
Cheers,
Fran