Rockets and the Weekend

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Rockets and the Weekend

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

The weekend weather was not favourable for any rocket launches here at Lake Munmorah High School. Although next weekend will see yet another attempt. I had the GO for launch but the wind speed was too undesireable to have any rockets leave the ground.

Cheers,

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Robb

Re: Rockets and the Weekend

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

If the weather this time permits a good day of launching I will attach some photos.

Cheers,

Robb.....
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

Robb

Post by Robb »

Not much happened during the holidays,

I had been into school on only two occasions, but this was to get some things done. The weather was windy most of the time so there was no chance of any launch even with the heavier rockets I have.

Otherwise I would of given Richard (Slartibartfast) a call for sure. I haven't forgotten Richard, It was just the weather not being favourable for us....

Oh Richard, I forgot to mention that I ahve been out of the Fire Ground all of the holidays except the weekends and the two days I have been to school, where were you...

Cheers all,

Robb.....
University of Newcastle.

Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Where was I? Working Robb! :w00t: It's rare I get holidays to land together from both jobs.

The last week of the holidays, every spare moment we were getting the yacht ready for the twillight sailing season starting this Wednesday - Yippeee! Interested on crewing one afternoon? I've twisted the arms of some of my science staff to come along over the summer, now I'm twisting yours!

Back to rockets, last day of term I launched a 3 chamber water rocket monster I'd been working on and refining for months. We estimate 6 seconds of thrust at approx 130psi with 1600mls. Next step, we obviously need a recovery system with chute as we spent almost an hour looking for where it landed! A huge success!!!!!!!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Richard,

Its good to see the water rocket was a success, to refine it and tweek it to your specs is the pinacle of rocketry. You need to come over and see the solid fuel rockets here though...

Cheers,

Robb.....
University of Newcastle.