Miele

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
bindibadgi
Suburb: Kensington Park
State/Location: SA

Miele

Post by bindibadgi »

What powder do you guys use in your dishwashers?
I was lucky enough to get a Miele a few years ago, & Miele recommended I use Neodisher powder, & sold me a 10kg bucket of the stuff.
Lately I've noticed that it's not been as effective as usual & when I checked the tub, it's waaaaay past its use by date & there's still about 4kg left :-|

Does anyone use a cheaper household brand that's effective on lab glassware?

Cheers,
bindibadgi
dime
State/Location: NSW

Re: Miele

Post by dime »

Have only used Finish, which is ok. It doesn't get the soot off the beakers, but maybe that's the dishwasher not the detergent.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Yeah. I use Finish, and a scourer pad on the sooty beakers. Occasionally I take some things out of the DW and re do them by hand.

Ian :-(
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I am a cheapy here - I use brand name ! :giggle:
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Yep, I use Finish tablets
Cheers, K 8-)
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

use finish power ball here, and then also use homebrand rinse aid.
I only use a tablet every second wash usually - as most things only need that rinse thru and mild wash, and i use the 30 min wash.

And what is it with the soot on the bottom of beakers, it wipes off, so why wont it come off in the washer???

If something doesn't get clean the first time thru (test tubes mostly) i re-position them and they go thru again, if still dirty, then they get a hand wash.....
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I miss my dishwasher :( I used to use the finish 10-in-1 powerball tablets that you can buy in bulk at Big W. They worked quite well. I mostly used my lab coat to wipe off the soot. I also tell off the teachers that allow the kids to consider the beakers 'washed as well as possible' before sending them out for cleaning when they still have so much carbon and they have cloths at their sinks.
lurra
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by lurra »

I also us finish now seems to work OK :thumbup:
Lurra AKA Noona
Rosalie Cassar
Lab Tech
Greystanes H S

ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
tigger
Job Title: Lab tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tigger »

I use homebrand dishwasher powder here in all my dishwashers. Seems to do a pretty good job. Have you considered putting a dishwasher cleaner through it? I do this at home every two to three months to make sure the hoses aren't getting clogged with gunk. Finish do a very good one, there is also a homebrand version and you can also get it from anyone who sells dishwashers (although it is usually more expensive).
Tigger