genetics DVD

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: genetics DVD

Post by smiley »

Not to mention akin to shooting fish in a barrel....
Cheers, K 8-)
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant
State/Location: NSW

Post by Ocker »

Watch we don't go hunting dolphins
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

ocker dolphins???? now is that a new species girls???
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Hi Pam Did you survive yesterday?
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Welll. I DID ... I just didnt do it all.
Just as you suggested - I said 'NO' a few times - you should have seen the shocked looks!!! :cheesy:
BUT as we all know, what you don't do follows you day after day after... :cry2:
Maybe i will catch up with everything - in the year 2012 perhaps! :cheesy:
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Thanks everyone for all the suggestion.
It is actually the year 10 students that go to learning support and they have to make a model of the dna. Learning level is a bit hard to guess. I think the learning support staff were after 3 dimentional pictures to show the students what they might like to do as well as explain in a simplified manner what DNA is.
Kristin, what was the name of the scholastic book? Sometimes the support department look for resources.
Rosalie, I think you were right about the dna extraction part of the web site I was looking for because I have a photocopy of that prac that I also use for the bio class but I cut off the web link, unfortunately, but I will do a google search with that.
Thanks again.
Estelle

P.S. Hope everyone got the recognition that your rightly deserved for the past SAS recognition week. We didn't rate a mention from the rest of the staff here but the P & C gave us all a small thankyou card and a nice candle. Unfortunately the GA missed out, ( he was a bit peeved) so I gave him chocolate instead.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Estelle, there are some cute web sites that tell you how to make DNA models out of lollies, toothpicks and straws etc. CSIRO also sells cardboard cut-out DNA models out of its Double Helix Club resources. Kids have to cut out 1 million pieces, and have step-by-step instructions on how to put them together. Could be good. I will check with the Library about the scholastic book. If you actually phone the Scolastic reader advisors, they are very helpful. :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)