From outer space to microscopic email

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

From outer space to microscopic email

Post by Jen1 »

Last year someone sent me an email that had an attachment that was a video of zooming in from outer space to the earth, a country, city, tree, leaf, cell, nucleus and to DNA (I think). I have since lost this email and was wondering if anyone had it and could send it to me.
Jennifer.Wellstead@det.wa.edu.au
Cheers
Jen :D
kimm
State/Location: QLD

Re: From outer space to microscopic email

Post by kimm »

Hi Jen - that email of zooming in sounds great - if you get hold of it can you pass it on to me as well.
cheers
Kim
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

Found it! \:D/
Go to this website and check it out, it's quite cool.
THIS OUT OF SIGHT, DOUBLE WOW
Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting page on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then Zooms in towards Earth in
powers of ten. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and then it finally reaches a large Oak tree. If ever there was a witness to creation, these folks have captured it for our viewing pleasure!

Once you click on the site, the software does all the work. Sit back and imagine how perfect our universe is! You can play it forward and backward to be amazed over and over. At the end it says AUTO....click on that and review the process in reverse!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java ... index.html

Cheers
Jen
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale
State/Location: NSW

Post by ELIZABETH »

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Post by RosalieM »

I'll be passing that link around to the teachers I think - Thanks, Jen, for finding it! I remember seeing it when I was at school or uni. It's amazing stuff.