Electronic balances

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Rita
State/Location: NSW

Electronic balances

Post by Rita »

Hello everyone
I need some advice on electronic top-pan balances please. (weigh up to 2kg or so with 0.1g div) Does anyone use Adam balances? Are they reliable?? Or, is there another brand you recommend that isn't too pricey?
Thanks
Rita
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: Electronic balances

Post by Slartibartfast »

We use A & D EW - 150i ' s. Very sensitive and prone to damage so teacher only. Easy to callibrate though which they hold well before redoing.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

We have an Adam one that goes to 4000g (I think) and it is fine to send out with the students. We are hoping to get some more for next year.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi Rita,
We received a brochure from AIS last week and they are advertising A&D balances Model SJ1000HS 1000g 0.5g reliability for $175 or Model SJ2000HS 2000g 1.0g reliabilty for $175.
ph 02 95435518. They have a website.
Also an ISSCO brochure for ISSCOModel no. 3000EM 1.5kg with 0.1g reliability $315
ph no. 02 97432588.
We have both brands here not the same models though and they seem OK.
Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with.

Lorrae.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Correction!!! The one we have is a Scout Pro (Ohaus), not Adam. I think we looked into Adam ones but decided to go with the Scout one because we already had one and know they are good. Sorry about that!
Rosalie
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

Hi Rita,
We use Adam balances here.(and others)I have six Adam ones that are for student use. However, the maximum weight for them is 200g. Even the one I use in prep room only goes to 350g. This suits us, because we only use them for weighing small amounts of chemicals, but you mentioned you want to weigh up to 2kg. Make sure that they do that before buying them. As for quality, haven't had any problems with them in the two years I've been here,but ours aren't used excessively either.
Cheers,
Lisa