Microscope repair / training

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Wato
School: Hennessy Catholic College
Suburb: Young
State/Location: NSW

Microscope repair / training

Post by Wato »

Hi everyone,

Two questions

1. Can anyone advise me of a microscope repairer that is willing to come to a small country town and not cost my yearly budget

and

2. Is there anywhere I can get training in microscope repair so I can do my own microscopes.

Thanks in advance
Donna :D
kmd

Re: Microscope repair / training

Post by kmd »

I was just talking to my science teachers about Microscope service and cleaning this morning.
They said to search for one, so it can be included in next year's budget.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

We bought our microscopes from AIS and they were prepared to come show a group of us how to clean and maintain our microscopes and didn't charge us. The guy also brought a few microscopes to show us (which worked for him cos our HT then decided to buy a digital microscope). All I did was round up a few labbies - he even brought some afternoon tea for us! Perhaps you could contact them and see if they would come to you, even if you haven't purchased from them. We are about 6 hours from Sydney. I think if we wanted microscopes serviced/repaired on site it was a per microscope fee ($15?) with a minimum of 100 microscopes but I could be wrong on that. It was a while ago...
lesnsw

Post by lesnsw »

I organised for Rod from Edusupplies to come to Queanbeyan and run a microscope maintenance course for labbies in this area. He was great. His company also do servicing of microscopes and sell them. You can find him at www.edusupplies.com.au or call 1300661607. He's happy to go to rural areas
Lesley
Lesley
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I have training manual but it is too big to post here. If you want it I can email it to you.
Cheers Jazz
Wato

Post by Wato »

Thanks Everyone,

After doing a search on chemtalk and coming up with a few names I had one of those 'just by chance moments'. I sent an email to James at 'Eyepoint Instruments' and just by chance he was actually servicing in Young yesterday...so Im at work today getting all of my senior microscopes serviced.

And Jazz , I would love a copy of your training manual, a bit of night time reading ...my email is donna.watson@cg.catholic.edu.au

Donna
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

I would love to do an actual microscope maintainence/repair course. Is this something that could be included in either next years SLAMM or ASET PD days? Otherwise are there any labbies from the South Coast willing to get a group together for a training session?

Kathryn
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

I would be willing to attend a day in Wollongong for Microscope training. I'm in Bowral and like that idea much better than going to Sydney!
Meegs
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
School: Orange Christian School
Suburb: Orange

Post by Meegs »

I was talking to Rod from www.edusupplies.com.au just last week about servicing our half doz microscopes during November. He's trying to arrange some other schools in the Orange area to join in. Anyone interested?
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Kathryn wrote:I would love to do an actual microscope maintainence/repair course. Is this something that could be included in either next years SLAMM or ASET PD days? Otherwise are there any labbies from the South Coast willing to get a group together for a training session?

Kathryn
Hi Kathryn
I would be willing to go to Wollongong for microscope training. I am in Bowral too
Adrianna
emme

Post by emme »

Jazz wrote:I have training manual but it is too big to post here. If you want it I can email it to you.
Hi Jazz, would you be able to send a copy of a microscope repair manual to us, as well. I have been trying to find out how to do it properly for some time. My Email is- edubossarsky@stspyridon.nsw.edu.au Thanks and have a good day
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

I have sent an email to AIS asking what they could offer a group of labbies down Wollongong way, so await with interest for their reply.....

Kathryn :-)
Wato

Post by Wato »

That's great Kathryn, looking forward to hearing if AIS can help us out....