corn flour speaker monster

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
cosmo
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
State/Location: VIC

corn flour speaker monster

Post by cosmo »

Hi, has anyone done the cornflour on a speaker demo...I am trying but nothing is happening. I have an audio signal generator, and tried settings between 100 and 170Hz, but the cornflour slime just doesnt budge, even when I prod it to get it started :-({|=
any ideas would be greatly appreciated
cheers
Kate
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore
State/Location: NSW

Re: corn flour speaker monster

Post by Robdean »

I googled this yesterday as I'd never heard of it. There were several demonstrations and descriptions - watched a video of one - very entertaining! Have a look - there may be something of use to you.
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Post by trish armstrong »

when we do this sometimes you just have to play with the corn flour at first, sometimes the runnier works best and sometimes a little dry. so spend the time with that. And while you test it just play with the tempo/ audio settings on the sound generator.
Thats how we always set it up, but as i said you just have to play with the flour first. A good indication is if it is slightly hard/stiff when left sitting but when you start to stir it feels sloppy. Hope I make sense and it helps.
Trish
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

I tried this one last year but did not get any result worth speaking about. Let us know how you go!

Ian :)