Specimen jars

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
bindibadgi
Suburb: Kensington Park
State/Location: SA

Specimen jars

Post by bindibadgi »

Does anyone know where I can get some large specimen display jars/bottles like these? [-o<
Jars 004.jpg
I have some creatures in old bottles that I want to refresh & put in new containers, & searching my regular suppliers & the web hasn't turned up anything.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bindibadgi
dime
State/Location: NSW

Re: Specimen jars

Post by dime »

The jar on the right looks like a Reagent bottle Wide mouth 250ml - so for that one look under R. I'm sure all stockists have those.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Bindi,

Check your messages. (I was going to write pm's but it looked too much like a hormonal condition! :cheesy: )

For everyone else, look up australian made glassware and go to the "homewares" section. There's a good range of preserving jars that could hold our kind of preserving, as much as other people's fruit & veg!
Cheers, K 8-)
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Post by sunray18 »

From another thread on chemtalk there was a supplier suggested.. i just looked up their catalogue and found what you may be after...

http://www.proscitech.com.au/cataloguex ... sp?page=l7
WEIGHING JARS low form, borosilicate glass
Ground glass, well sealing jars for storage of small samples.

L138 Weighing jars, low form, 30 x 25mm AUD7.00 /pk/2 10% discount for 10 stock?
L139 Weighing jars, low form, 40 x 30mm AUD10.00 /pk/2 10% discount for 10 stock?