Phone in preproom

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Phone in preproom

Post by RosalieM »

Where did you find this out, Labbie? I'd like to take something in official writing to the committee (which I am on!!). We are hoping to get funding to upgrade our labs so it might be something to put on the plans and add to the building budget. I am often alone, especially when I come in during holidays to get things organised without distractions!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

If I could have your fax number I could fax you a copy.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
m

Post by m »

hi labbie
I dont have a phone in my prep room either but have always thought it to be an important OH&S issue. now that I am on the OH&S committee I would like to bring it up at the next meeting but would need something official to backup my arguement. would you be able to fax me anything you think might be useful. my fax is 02)42716626
thanks
maria
bindi

Post by bindi »

I have a phone in my main Prep but have chosen a Walkie Talkie system for the other prep & 2 labs at the other end of the school.
When I open the labs in the morning I grab one WT and leave it in the main prep for the day and use it for a emergency or if something is needed. When I lock up in the arvo I place it on the stand to recharge.
Teachers rarely use it but happy its there!
We also have used them for evil :twisted: purposes when tricks are played :order: :cheesy:
m

Post by m »

hi sue
thanks for the fax I'm sure it will be a great help in arguing my case for a phone.
m
(maria)
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I have a mobile phone which has a sort of speed dial number keyed into the main switchboard. It means a teacher just has to dial a four digit code and the switchboard connects them with me, wherever I am in the school. I just carry the phone in my pocket. The IT dude, and Mr Filch the janitor, have the same set up. Saves the need for tying up lines, and I can ring suppliers without having to go through the switch. :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Could the other ladies please let me know if you did receive your fax last week.

Thank you
Regards Labbie

matchstick
Job Title: School Admin.Assistant
School: Strathfield South Public School
Suburb: Strathfield

Post by matchstick »

I got mine
Thanx labbie. :thumbup:
I now have to convince my SAM that only I will use the phone.She is worried teachers will hide/disappear in my preproom and make private calls
Matchstick
Vicki L
School: Murrumburrah High School
Suburb: HARDEN

Post by Vicki L »

I have a phone in my office which is also my Prep Room, works really well.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Would some kind soul please please, re fax to me the two pages I sent out before. As i have misplaced the orginal. 02 9823 7662 Thank you so very very much. The two pages on Not to work alone.
Regards Labbie

chemical
Job Title: SASS
School: Karabar High
Suburb: Queanbeyan

Post by chemical »

:lol: Hi I havent had a phone in any of 3 prep rooms. When I started here 2 years ago they say its not needed.I am still pushing the issue as now due to refubishment I am at a quiet part of the school Is something was to happen no one would hear me. I think its an OH&S issue
I think people need to think about our job and its dangers. I Use my mobile is I need to make an urgent call why should we use our own phones.
Lindyl