Distilled Water

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
tania
State/Location: NSW

Distilled Water

Post by tania »

Hi,
Thank you for your help with cleaning the distiller, however we have struck some other problems.
Now we want to investigate purchasing our water from a supplier, cost effectivenss etc, to the central west of NSW. Your suggestions please.
Tania
Robb

Dist. Water

Post by Robb »

Hi Tania,

Have a look at the General forum there is a topic regarding the distilled water, if there is nothing there then we will all no doudt come to the rescue...

Robb.........
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
rp

Post by rp »

hi Tania
I had a lot of trouble with water stills.
So I bought a water deioniser -Vertex from Serrata ,there is other companies as well and this can be hooked up to the tap and you instantly get water.the cartridges last 6-12 months I tried buying the waterfrom woolworths but I was going through too much.
It isnt cheap to buy the deioniser but it was the best thing I have bought since I started and it is user friendly_You dont get burnt by steam and wait anxiously for the next lot.
Hope this is of help to you.

rhonda
Steph

Post by Steph »

Westlab have an excellent water deioniser for approx. $750 complete with a carbon filter for the water pipe as well as a spare ion exchange cartridge. It is their own brand, made in Australia. We have been using one for about a year with no problems and haven't had to change the cartridge yet. Also there is no water wastage with a deioniser. Their phone number is 1800 358101