New bench tops

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

New bench tops

Post by Labbie »

During the school holidays, I have put in for two new bench tops. Our wooden ones perhaps need sanding back, has anyone had this done?????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
bindi

Re: New bench tops

Post by bindi »

Pommy good luck!
At my last school the chem lab was old school, old wooden benches with years of graffiti scratched into it.
During a christmas break they decided to "suprise" the science dept and give it a fresh coat of paint, not even the head of department knew!
They sanded back the tables, patched the holes and painted the lab this hiddeous color! :cry2: The head was so ticked off he was not consulted! The next holiday it was gutted and all replaced. :w00t:
We think the school got a freebie from someone and the principle decided to freshen up the lab!!!!. So be very clear on your colours and put it in writing with swatches.
bindi

Re: New bench tops

Post by bindi »

Part 2
I have replaced bench tops in a prep room. We didnt need that much but went to a local Kitchen maker and they offered a variety of options eg chemical proof, heat resistant and others. So that might be a good starting point if you plan to replace the tops.
Hope that helps.