Do i really need one?

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Do i really need one?

Post by dolphinscales »

Hello one and all – why we are talking dishwashers it s getting debated weather we really need on e here or not – can you do without your dishwasher? Does it get used regularly and is there anything you don’t put in, that does not seem to clean so well in them.

If they do a good job would be nice BUT do I really need one.????.

Thanks in advance.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Do i really need one?

Post by Labbie »

Yes Yes Yes::: Gosh my time would disappear, if I did not have two dishwashers. They go about twice a day (each one). Small thin test tubes, do come out dirty still. But can not think of any thing, that has to go in twice.

Remember, it does not matter who you are, you only have one pair of hands. It takes this pair of hands to clean one test tube.

Get one
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Absolutely! I wash nearly EVERYTHING in mine. Some days I'd almost climb in there myself if I could. How do you survive without one? And ours is a very small school with only 2 labs! \:D/

Julie
Alice

Post by Alice »

Of course you do. It saves so much time, just load it up, set it going and do all the other things you need to get done. I put everything in mine, even plastic coated test tube racks when they are grotty.
Go buy one - it's a great investment.

Alice
rell
State/Location: VIC

Post by rell »

I have been told by Worksafe to only wash glassware in dishwasher NOT by hand.
This came about because i cut the tendons between thumb and finger while washing glassware. Worksafe deemed it a risk management issue and therefore only dishwasher for me =D> \:D/
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

We've got two but I use only one - when it explodes I'll move the other one across from another block. I still hand wash anything delicate but bulk everyday items I throw in the dishwasher - works pretty well on lab coats also!! I told my girlfriend that, she almost flipped! Typical bloke!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Didee

Post by Didee »

Great timing, we are in the process of upgrading our department and my HOLA has said that I can have a dishwasher. I have never had one in any of my jobs over the last 13 years :-({|= I therefore have no 1st hand knowledge on this subject and would appreciate information on brand, suppliers and price range.
Thank You In Advance
Diana
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Have a look at the forum 'dishwashers' under chemistry labware and general. There was a bit of discussion about what's good a few weeks/months ago. I don't have one so I can't really comment, except to say I would have more time for keeping solution bottles full if I didn't spend so much time washing up! I would love to have one but there is no room or money for one at this point in time. It isn't really too bad as we only have 2 labs, and most of the time it's fairly steady and controlable, but some weeks seem to have a prac every lesson! Happy dishwasher shopping!
Rosalie