Wash Bottles what sort??

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Wash Bottles what sort??

Post by Labbie »

Morning Folks, Lovely morning in Syndey. We need to update our wash bottles. At the moment we have the Curved straw that comes out of the side of the bottle. Looking through the books, see their are so many different types. I would love to hear your views. Have people had any problems??

Thank you
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Robbie

Re: Wash Bottles what sort??

Post by Robbie »

Hi there Sue,

Great day here also, especially for a Monday!!

We use the ones with the delivery tube coming through the top of the cap. The delivery tube is removable and flexible meaning it can be aimed more easily than those that have fixed delivery tubes. Also, they are substantial and we have had no problems. We have not used the ones you refer to so cannot compare. I think we bought ours from Serrata.

Cheers,

Robbie
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

My experiences with Wash bottles have been quite a learning curve. I have been exposed to a wide range of Wash bottles throughout Uni and my time in Industry.

I have always leaned towards the bottles that have the delivery tube coming from the top section of the lid.

A good quality HDPE is also something I have endeavoured to get my hands on. I have my type here I use separate to the students as the price range for these have somewhat of a Budget busting price tag.

It comes down to personal use really, and what you are comfortable with..

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

Like Robb I have tended towards the bottles with the delivery tube from the lid - tend to get fewer issues with not being able to get water up and out without having to squeeze the beejeevers out of them. I also found the small the lid the better for the younger students.
it is personal preference but I also have a few different types in each tray with that idea in place - just cause I like some thing and find it easy to use students and teachers who do not always use the equipment will also find the same.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

The only problem I have with wash bottles is putting the lid on after filling them! I frequently squirt myself or whatever happens to be nearby as i screw the lid back on in a hurry... I guess it doesn't matter if you have side or top squirters - they still squirt!
Rosalie