Microscope slides

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Microscope slides

Post by dolphinscales »

Hello everyone
i have to replace some microscrope slides but am unabel to find where we got ours last time - they all start with Z
eg. ZMF-100_F - does any one recognise these sort of codes and where they come form ?

cheers
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS
State/Location: NSW

Post by J »

Hi Dolphinscales

We get our prepared slides from Southern Biological in Victoria. You'll find their catalog on the net if you don't have a hard copy. Their codes are similar, but they start with P, not Z. Or maybe there is a supplier closer to you in WA.

Good luck :D :thumbup:

Julie
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Post by fibreweb »

Our most recent slides have been purchased from ISSCO (Industrial & Scientific Supply Co).

We get a flyer from them periodically which advertises sets of slides for 5 slides of the same thing for $19. I couldn't find a list of these specials on the web site but if you rang them on (02) 9743 2588 they should probably to add your school to their mailing list.

I'm in the process of writing an order form more nerve, muscle, xylem & phloem slides.

Wendy
Alice

microscope slides

Post by Alice »

Hi Dolphinscales

I use Perth Scientific PH 92093955. They deal with most of the companies in the Eastern states. eg Haines, Livingstone, IEC, ChemSupply.

Like Fibreweb, use ISSCO for prepared slides, they are by far the cheapest. Especially minigrids. I have a recent flyer I could fax you if you like.

Hope this is of some help. Ring me if you want to know more.

Cheers

Alice
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College

Post by dolphinscales »

Thanks for all those replies.

I have since found out they are part of a set, and they no longer are being used so i shall use those you mentioned to go looking for replacements.
Joan

Re: Microscope slides

Post by Joan »

Better late than never ... On the RTG website in Marketplace there are details for Western Histological. Brett Cockman has a 13 page catalogue of locally made slides (including mini grids for $3.50).