equipment with cords

for anything else that doesn't fit.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

equipment with cords

Post by RosalieL »

How do you store your electrical equipment? Eg, electronic balances. Do you leave the cords plugged in? or do they get unplugged and stored separately to the balance? The previous labbie here had all the balances in drawers and the cords unplugged and grouped together in a photo copy box lid in the drawer with them. I find it very frustrating because cords go missing, or turn up randomly. It's the same with any electrical equipment. If the cord can be detached, it is stored separately. I know I can change it now that this is "my" space, but I just thought I'd see what others do to find out the pros and cons of storing different ways.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Re: equipment with cords

Post by bigmack »

Leave it plugged in . :thumbup:
Plugging and unplugging usually involves wiggling and wiggling loosens and weakens things .
Also when the Tag tester comes , how will he print "electronic Balance " on the Label if its just a loose cable .
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Great point bigmack, never thought of that one.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

bigmack wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 13:42 Leave it plugged in . :thumbup:
Plugging and unplugging usually involves wiggling and wiggling loosens and weakens things .
Also when the Tag tester comes , how will he print "electronic Balance " on the Label if its just a loose cable .
When the tag tester came I had to get all the electrical equipment out and put it on tables/benches for them so I plugged them all in. After 18 months I think it's ok for me to start making changes!!
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

We got balances from Kogan, cheap, good and on batteries, good balances are left with their cords. Hotplates and power packs all use interchangable kettle cords, so I stack up the equipment and the cords are in a tub. I usually put the correct amount of cords with the apparatus on a trolley. The equipment and cords are tagged separately anyway.