Goodbye and THANK YOU!!!!

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore
State/Location: NSW

Goodbye and THANK YOU!!!!

Post by Robdean »

Well, it seems some of you lovely people will be finishing for the year next week, so, I'd just like to let you know that after 27 years working in schools, I'm retiring (it's gone so fast). I'd like to thank you all for your help and support, your ideas and humour on this forum. It's been an invaluable resource and despite the fact that I'm a long term labbie there's always been something new to learn, some new hint or idea. I've found it especially helpful in all matters Chemwatch, GHS etc, I'd have had very little information otherwise.
Over the past 2 years I've been working 3 days a week, a good way to ease out and train a new labbie, as well as combining my Science with Home Ec, which is similar in lots of ways but cleaner and with the bonus of some new tasty recipes along the way!
To all of you, thank you! I know you'll continue to support each other. Enjoy your Christmas break, whatever you may be doing, you all deserve it!

All the best
Robyn Dean xxxx
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Re: Goodbye and THANK YOU!!!!

Post by AnnNos »

Congratulations on your retirement and now for a new stage of life. Enjoy every minute.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes enjoy Rob, pop in chemtalk, sometime and visit us. Let us know how things are going. Or are you Traveling overseas??????????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Xenon
Job Title: Rocket Scientist
School: Arndell Anglican College
Suburb: Oakville

Post by Xenon »

All the best, Robyn!
Xe, SD, KOPR
dime

Post by dime »

Goodbye Robyn and half your luck! How sensible to ease down the way you have. I will keep that in mind as I am at that stage of life too. Happy retirement!! :clap3: :clap3:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

What a wonderful time to ease out - celebrating!
have a really interesting relaxing fun and long retirement.
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

Thank you! Yes we plan to do more travelling next year, Thailand in February and a "Fill in the Gaps" trip to places on our bucket list later in the year. We also plan to generally enjoy life moreand do more of what we want to do (reading more than a couple of pages of a book at a time being one thing!!) . Our girls live in Brisbane and Canberra, our other family members are in Sydney and Newcastle so more time to see them instead of squeezing visits into a couple of days.

Enjoy your holidays!!