Holidays

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes
State/Location: NSW

Holidays

Post by noona »

I all
What are you all up too this holidays
For me it will be a new grandchild :wub: due next week this will be number 7 for me :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: so I will have 3 little people at my house for a few days :wub:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Holidays

Post by annettstanley »

I am going to Europe with a school excursion with 60 or so kids for 3 weeks :clap3: :clap3: it's a hard job but someone has to do it :wub: :giggle:
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

I'll be staying at home, and doing a refurb on teen daughter's bedroom! Apparently the current decor is just a bit "young" for her current tastes... they grow up so fast :-(

Hope everyone has a great time whatever they are doing!! \:D/

Mel
noona

Post by noona »

Annette I head off to the USA on the 28th Dec with 11 girls to G'Day USA
New Years Eve in Disney Land :clap3: :clap3:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

Jealous :( Still two weeks to holidays but I have to work(only 2 days a week though :)). I'm saving up my A/L till christmas time.
lada

Post by lada »

We have booked a totally-not-like-me holiday.
Going on PO cruise to Noumea, isle of pines and 2 more island.It is only for 9 days, as hubby and I are not sure, what to expect.
We have always owned a sailing boat, so have done a lot of sailing on "inland waters". We have never gone past the heads in Sydney harbour. Will be interesting. Does anybody have some tips?
Lada
lada

Post by lada »

Congrats, Noona.
My number 3 grandchild will arrive in Jan.
Second daughter for my son and Sassi!!!
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Lada - my drug of choice is 'Avomine' from the chemist. No idea what is in it but I get violently ill in just about anything that moves so always dose up before flying etc and this works.
The chances of me going on a cruise are zero and zilch so not sure how they would work at sea. I will NEVER find out for sure as I am such a bad traveller.
J
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by annettstanley »

Hi Noona we are doing G'Day USA in 2015 haven't got dates yet but fingers [-o< crossed for dec 28th departure. I will have to talk to you about when you get back this is the first time I am doing it
And lada you will have a blast we did one in april and it was fantastic \:D/ one big party :clap3:
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
lada

Post by lada »

Thanks Julie and Annett, I have already bought Avomine on recommendation of a friend. It is a form of phenergan and I had a dry run last week, it should work well enough.
I am planning to have a ball...
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay

Post by Wayne »

linotas wrote:Jealous :( Still two weeks to holidays but I have to work(only 2 days a week though :)). I'm saving up my A/L till christmas time.
When do you take your A/L for your other school? As, if I remember right, you are only employed during term time (like me)?
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

lada wrote:Congrats, Noona.
My number 3 grandchild will arrive in Jan.
Second daughter for my son and Sassi!!!

Congrats to you Sassi lovely news.
:wub: :clap3: \:D/
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I am having a quiet holiday - seeing my grandsons in Sydney one day, visiting freinds who have a boer goat and exotic fowl farm, making candles for the school and Christmas presents, making beaded Christams ornaments, again for gifts. I am saving up for a trip to USA next year to visit my 12month old Grandson, Sam, and the new baby due in January. I have not seen Sam at all except by skype.
So a quiet holdiay works when I think of money not spent!
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I will be getting used to the notion of returning to work - YAY!

My daughter will be off being "Super-Indigenous-Girl" at Macquarie Uni, and then QLD Parliament, so I'll have a lot of time to do all those things I promised myself I'd do before returning to work. You know - making curtains, fixing the gate, planting a rosella bush etc etc.
Cheers, K 8-)
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay

Post by Wayne »

Like Sunray I will be having a quiet holiday as I am also saving for a trip to USA, except mine is in November not next year.
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

I'm having a quiet one too as I'm saving for a family trip to vietnam next easter :clap3: plus I have just finished renovations on the bathroom and it ended up costing more then expected :redcard: therefore cant afford to go anywhere. Luckily the weather is beautiful here in Townsville.
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

A quiet one at home - a few day trips maybe, but generally getting things sorted and ready for christmas, after 18 years I am hosting the inalws for the FIRST TIME ever, in our home on Christmas day...a very daunting task, but I am sure I can do it, even though we are working up til 20th....
Not getting out of bed to an alarm, and staying up just a little later if I want - all great holiday activities :)

have a good and safe one ladies and gentlemen!!
lada

Post by lada »

Well, just got back to work and the cruise was FANTASTIC. I did take tablets the first 2 days as the weather was a bit rough sailing out of Sydney, but did not get sick. Was well able to enjoy cocktails and all the unbelievable food.
We will do it again!!
Lada
smiley

Post by smiley »

Lucky you! Where are the photos? The good ones I mean, not the ones of you feeling sick!
Cheers, K 8-)
noona

Post by noona »

Just to let you all know I have a Graddaughter her name is Violet after my mother-in-law who die last year and she si beautiful and looks a bit like Bob :wub: :wub: :wub:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113