Borax supply

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
Rita
State/Location: NSW

Borax supply

Post by Rita »

Hi All

I have been trying for at least a couple of weeks to get Borax at Woolies or Coles. Usually the Hoxex Borax...been around for years and years.

Finally asked at Woolies when new stock would be available. They told me they have stopped stocking it, possibly because it may be too alkaline. ?????

Found some Borax at Bunnings. Same company (Pascoe's) but not Hovex Borax. It is now Glitz Green Borax.
Am becoming suspicious that a NEW product might be on its way to Woolies shelves.

Rita
superbug

Re: Borax supply

Post by superbug »

I went through this last year. no new product they are just not selling it any more at woolies and coles. Maybe the borax company didnt want to pay the very high price to keep their product on the shelf at these 2 stores. I went to the manufacturers website and had a look around as to where I can purchase there products. it was mainly IGA and Franklins. Have a look at what is the closest place to you on the website.
superbug

Post by superbug »

we use Borax in the plastic container with a red lid. it says "wards Mckenzies" but if you type in harpers borax it takes you to the same place. we use it for experiments. Not sure what or that pascoes makes the powered borax.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I have been getting Bare Essentials borax from Coles here in the NT. Mind you I haven't checked the shelves this year. It has always been in the cleaning section along with the Bare Essentials bicarb soda. The brand or label colour should not make a difference to the product.

Lyn.
superbug

Post by superbug »

I checked it in NSW and the cleaning shelves were empty here. I asked the store manager and was told they dont carry that line anymore. they couldnt even suggest anything similar in the store.
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

I get mine at our IGA - they still have it.

Kimmy.
agregory
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Townsville
State/Location: QLD

Post by agregory »

We can get it at Coles here in QLD (pink lid variety), but it can be ordered through chemical suppliers as Sodium tetraborate decahydrate.

(It works well in the washing machine - good for removing stains!)
lada

Post by lada »

I get mine from Bunnings, it is Harper's borax.It is in white plastic round container with red lid.
Lada
aude
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Maitland

Post by aude »

We dont use Borax anymore since being informed that it causes fertility problems!
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

TRY BUNNINGS