refurbishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

refurbishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mtg »

Finally we are getting a refurbishment. 1 of 3 Vic schools to share $1,000,000. Have already looked up ideas/discussion on chemtalk and may ask for more next year. Currently in a 1960's type set up with prep and storage in the same room and one exit point which is into a classroom. I've been here 20 or so years and am in a state of shock and disbelief! Hopefully no change of government 'til the money's in the bank. Merry Xmas TO ME!!!
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader
State/Location: NSW

Re: refurbishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by macca »

17 years I've been here, we had our old labs, two classroom pods and a lab only done in 2005-2006 and it's great things have stayed new for the best part. These holidays we are finally getting a new roof over the old section of the building could never understand why keep fixing the water damaged ceiling and not the roof :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: maybe it's just me.

Then today we have just been told our "lab only" no desks or stools will be getting used as a home room :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Time for a :coffee:
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Re: refurbishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mtg »

Oh No, they give with one hand and take with the other. There used to be a home group in the main science room every morning so I started putting out warnings about the dangerous chemicals in the fume hood and on the benches ready for senior pracs etc and the non science teacher requested and alternative room. Cant imagine why???!!!