OHS Training

Any discussions concerning the job go here.
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

OHS Training

Post by DavidPeterson »

Has anyone done any formal OHS training? I'm looking at Cert IV or Diploma in OHS.
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Re: OHS Training

Post by linotas »

I haven't but I was looking at the post grad through Curtin uni the other day after a OH&S supervisor postion come up in our parent organisation.
Jazz
State/Location: NSW

Post by Jazz »

Try local TAFE. Many include flaxible, on line, study option
Cheers Jazz
pkij
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Good Shepherd Catholic College
Suburb: Mount Isa
State/Location: QLD

Post by pkij »

I have recently completed a Cert IV in OHS. I was able to get credit for some units as I had completed the Qld WHSO course. I did my course through NSCA, they do the diploma as well.
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Post by DavidPeterson »

pkij wrote:I have recently completed a Cert IV in OHS. I was able to get credit for some units as I had completed the Qld WHSO course. I did my course through NSCA, they do the diploma as well.
Did you find the course beneficial? Did you pay for the course or did you school cover the costs? I've searched the 'net and there seems to be an infinite number of Training Providers who provide the same course (codes and descriptions are the same) but with very differernt fees (ranging from $950 to $2650).
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

I did one through the PSA union, but had to go early this year for retraining as it has now changed to WHS Work Health & Safety. It is free in NSW to members of PSA Union. So do check with your states Union for Labbies. Good luck
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Not at that level david.

Maybe a tack-on at Uni?
OB
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Hi David,
In NSW TAFE have WHS cert IV and diploma, I think you can do them on line too. I am doing cert IV at the moment, very interesting :clap3: I am enjoying it but the home study I find difficult, just the time factor.
Cheers
Lisa :thumbup:
pkij
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Good Shepherd Catholic College
Suburb: Mount Isa
State/Location: QLD

Post by pkij »

As I am the Safety Coordinator for the College they paid for me to do the bridging course from WHSO (Qld) to Cert IV. If you go to the NSCA, National Safety Council Australia web site they have details there for what they provide. I think you would want to make sure you have adequate support to complete the Cert IV if you have don't have previous experience or training in OHS. I attended training sessions and completed assignments.
The course has been very beneficial for my role as safety coordinator especially emergency planning/response, OHS record keeping and documentation and dealing with OHS issues. I guess I could have done the whole thing with another provider online but NSCA were the only trainers who conducted sessions in Mount Isa so I went with them.
Hope this helps!