My Last Day Today

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
merilyn
State/Location: NSW

My Last Day Today

Post by merilyn »

Today is officially my last day :cry2:

I'm a mixed bag of nervousness - I have to do the "thank you" speech at morning tea in front of all the staff, without blubbering; I am looking forward to going back to working outside and I'm also getting a bit jittery about starting a new job - what if I've made the wrong decision [-o<

I will be back next term for a couple of days casual work to train the new person, but today is THE day.

Thanks everyone for always being willing to help me out and offer support.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Re: My Last Day Today

Post by linotas »

Good Luck! The unknown is always concerning but I am sure you will be fine :) Plus nothing is written in stone (pardon the pun) so you can always go back! :lol:
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Good luck!
We will miss you Merilyn! Keep in touch!
I guess, as long as our kids are in the same school, we will cross paths! Just make sure that you come and say "Hello" cos I am blind as a bat, and probably won't see you unless you are close!

Happy Easter!

Ian :-(
dime

Post by dime »

Goodbye Merilyn and good luck in the new job. It is better to have a go at something and not do so well, that to not try at all. I hope to live by that credo when I retire and hopefully move to the coast. Everyone thinks I am mad, but we only get one go at life, so I am getting up the courage to do what I want to do. It is great that you are moving forward Merilyn, it will be all good. Again, good luck! :clap3:
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Have fun Merilyn, I'm sure it will all work out well. You'll have to pop into chemtalk and let us know that you're well and happy.
Enjoy, have a lovely Easter
Krysia
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

Take care and enjoy your new job.

It will come with challenges but you can always overcome these if you try.

We will miss your input here on chemtalk so do drop in when ever you feel the urge.

Happy Easter.
KIMMY
sampjm
School: Mount Annan Christian College
Suburb: Mount Annan

Post by sampjm »

Merilyn,

I really appreciated your support over the time you have been at Broughton. Enjoy the journey set before you.

Kind regards,

Sharon
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Hi Merilyn

"Feel the fear and do it anyway" is the motto I live by. Life is too short to be miserable. And anyway you can always go back to Lab Tech duties somewhere.
Good luck for the future
Adrianna