Digital Microscope

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Digital Microscope

Post by linotas »

Our P&F are buying us a digital microscope!

So anyone have any recomendations. HOD wanted something more then 1.3MP resolution and that is all I can find on my quick look around.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Digital Microscope

Post by RosalieM »

We got one from AIS which is really good. Easy to use and very good resolution (can find out figures if you like). You can use it as a normal microscope as well. When it is plugged into the computer you can take photos and then draw arrows, circles and other things on it. I just had a quick look at it and I can't see a product number or anything but it wouldn't take much to look it up if this sounds like what you are looking for.
linotas

Post by linotas »

That sounds exactly like what we want. When you have time if you could give me some details, that would be great :)
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I had a quick look at The Logical Interface, where we have bought our digital microscopes. They have a free download "Guide to purchasing Digital Microscopes" - could help your decision making.
http://www.microscope-shop.com.au/digital.aspx
Joy

Post by Joy »

We bought our digital microscopes last year from AIS. Don't make the same mistake we did. Ask about the operating system required because the one we bought only works on Windows XP or older, nothing newer. All our computers use newer Windows than that so we have to have a dedicated laptop that still has Windows XP just for the digital microscope. Very disappointing!
Joy
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Sorry for the delayed reply - there was no model number on the microscope and I haven't had a chance to look elsewhere until now. I've looked at the pictures on the website and the one that looks the same is the DM-1802A which is currently on sale for about $800+ instead of over $1000 according to lizzieb (we just spoke on the phone - she has a current brochure and I didn't write down the exact prices). I hope this helps you out.
linotas

Post by linotas »

Thanks heaps Rosalie :D
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

I have found AIS to be a very friendly and helpful supplier
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

The prices I was quoting to Rosalie were taken from their 30th Anniversary sale brochure.

I've spoken to AIS twice by phone today, and they have just sent out a new brochure, so the prices I mentioned to Rosalie are now out of date.
They told me that the DM-1802-A has been upgraded to a 3MP camera and the cost will be $995 + GST.

Their number is 1800 625 008

Hope this helps.

Liz
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
linotas

Post by linotas »

Thanks Liz, I contacted Trevor earlier and got the info and he is sending out the new brochure to me.

Thanks guys for all your help.