Large periodic tables

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
till
State/Location: NSW

Large periodic tables

Post by till »

Does anyone know where you can buy large wall charts in Australia. The only ones I can find are 98cm x 69cm and we want larger ones then that. I know you can get them from flinnscience in America.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Re: Large periodic tables

Post by rae »

Try googling Graphic education. We bought one that is 2m long it is really good!!!
Didee
State/Location: WA

Post by Didee »

Has any one sourced the "shower curtain periodic tables" in Australia? We have one and would like 4 more, but the one we have was purchased by a staff member online from America and we can't go down that line (purchasing requirements)
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

you can get shower curtain Periodic Table on ebay. they range in price from $25 to $40.

KIMMY
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Our head teacher purchased some items from ebay for the ESSA test later this year. He then got a cheque for want he paid for. It is a silly systems this new one. I did a WHS course on Friday in the city. Oh boy that also lookes like a silly system.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Shas

Post by Shas »

We're looking at buying new large hanging type periodic table also. i have a braochure from Graphic Education http://www.<URL removed, see forum rules>
their promotional stuff says - 5 kinds of media in different sizes.

get the choice of paper, tough vinyl, polypropylene, canvas or banner fabric that rolls up like a blind.
wondering what's the best value for money. we hang it up and share between labs. can anyone recommend :thumbup: (or complain :yuck: ) a particular material.
They're not the cheapest thing in the world!!!! $40-$370

thanks for your help
S
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

I had some made from a design I had made, took this to a printing firm and had 20 made up.

Up to date info plus cost us nothing. They contain all relevant information pl;us colour diagrams of metals and a brief historical blurb to go with each.

I had then printed the same table omitting the blurb and replacing it with electron configurations and crystal structures.

Did not cost much at all..

Cheers,

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **