super glue removal

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

super glue removal

Post by Jen1 »

Hi All,
One of angels here (who obviously has more money than they know what to do with!) has super glued a 20cent coin to the bench.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get it off?

Cheers
Jen :roll:
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

Post by Ocean Breeze »

:-k oh, at least our kids glue each others books to the desks using only clag. Hope they never graduate to SG. On the side of the tube there will be a customer service number. Ring them. They will help you out. 8-)
Jen1

Post by Jen1 »

Thanks for suggestion rainbow-sky unfortunatly I don't have a tube of super glue, the angels brought their own supply (more money of their own they can afford to waste). Any other suggestons?
Didee

Post by Didee »

HiJen
On tube of Selleys Super Glue phone number is 1300 555 205. Hope this helps.
Diana
Jen1

Post by Jen1 »

Thanks for the number Diana. The problem has been solved as a kid managed to get it off with a pair of scissors. This he did while the teacher was busy and didn't notice what he was doing. Now my next problem is how to fix up the scratch marks and hole in the bench!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
PS I have kept the 20 cents!!!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

hi jen1,
if happens again
Superglue and soapy water
To remove super glue from metal use very hot soapy water.

You need to be patient, and after a few applications, the superglue should be removed.

Note that with very stubborn super glue stains you may need to use almost boiling water to get rid of all the super glue residue.

As with any sort of stain, try to clean as soon as the super glue is applied as it's easier to remove before it sets.
To remove super glue, use nail polish remover with acetone (available in lots of places). This will remove superglue from your fingers/body

http://www.tellmehowto.net/howto/remove_superglue_702
Cheers Jazz
Jen1

Post by Jen1 »

Hi Jazz,
Thanks for link to website re super glue removal. Next time I'll try boiling soapy water.
Cheers
Jen
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

:-) Hi Jen... glad your problem was solved!
Good on ya for keeping the 20 Cents. Drop the hint that if they plan to vandalise in future... they should try it with $50 notes! ;-)