DVDs and Videos

Any discussions concerning the job go here.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

DVDs and Videos

Post by sunray18 »

I was wondering how many of you have to look after these resources for Science?
Our Library looks after all the toher faculties, but the Science ones live in my Prep Room and I am responsible for them.
I have to chase up those that go missing, find the right one for staff, look up the Library search engine to find topics etc.
The school subscribes to a source that lists the upcoming television programmes that may be useful for various faculties. I ahve to go through that and choose the ones appropriate for Science, then look up the Library catalogue to see if we already have it, or another faculty has it, and THEN send out to Science staff the list. They then send back to me what they want recorded, which I forward onto Library...
Just a little thing to do in between sitting back drinking coffee, reading magazines, filing my nails...you all know what I mean!
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Re: DVDs and Videos

Post by macca »

Me too, plus how long each one goes for, who it's suitable for, key points during each video and in the past fast forward to find sections for a teacher (since retired) silly me actually took these home years ago (pre-kids) so I could actually do all this. "I have time to sit around and watch DVDs at work"!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

The school is slowly starting to add most things to clickview, and alot of our videos are just about past their use by date.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Thankfully, this is the Library's job at my school. It was my job at a previous school, which meant that by default, it was my fault if one was missing. Our school is right into Clickview, which means no hauling TV's from room to room. All good! :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Our DVD's & the few videos we still have left live in the Science Staff room. I still catalogue and number them, then they go to live with the teachers :wub: . In the past couple of years we have built up quite a library of DVD's :clap3: But once they leave the prep room, they are the teachers responsibility [-o< :clap3:

Cheers
Lisa
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

The Library handles textbooks for all the other faculties, but I am responsible for all Science books, including accessioning/lending/invoicing home etc. Have worked in the Library, many years back, at Primary level, but now have a great relationship with the Library Assistant here, as I learn how to use Oliver! :crazy:

Organised the media resources at my last school, but haven't been asked to do that here. :thumbup:
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!