Test tube cork stoppers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
ri
State/Location: NSW

Test tube cork stoppers

Post by ri »

G'day all,
would anyone be able to suggest a supplier of standard (18mm ID) test tube corks?
They would need to be about 15mm diameter (base) x 20mm diameter (top) x 27 mm long. I am amazed that Q Stores NSW do not carry this size and also how few suppliers stock corks at all. We have some, so they exist somewhere but nowhere near enough.
Meanwhile, I am enjoying this website immensely. It is a valuable resource to us all out there in labland.
Cheers
~Robyn
rp

Post by rp »

hi robyn
Ive got some if you want them.
Are you going to the conference?
Rhonda
Robbie

Test tube cork stoppers

Post by Robbie »

Hi Robyn,

Would rubber stoppers be suitable? Serrata at Galston stock rubber stoppers 20x15x26 - with or without a centre hole.

Hope this helps,

I agree this website is brilliant!!! I have learned so much (and I hope helped a little).

Regards,

Robbie
ri

Test tube cork stoppers

Post by ri »

Hi Robyn (nice name),
thanks for the info.
Knowing that rubber stoppers are around, I just need to build up my stock of cork ones. It's proving harder than I thought but I may have a lead to some (Science Supply). I'll let you know...
~Robyn
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Hi all
I started a thread on this subject!
There is a world shortage of cork due to over harvesting, hence you now get your wine in screw top bottles, Rurrer stoppers at $1 ea approx is very expensive,
Let's get all thoes lateral thinkers out there to come up with an alternative!
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Opps Rubber!
ri

cork stoppers

Post by ri »

Hello Rhonda,
thanks for the offer of the corks, you're wonderful!
However, we are not that short of them - I would just like to get the stocks up a bit because of the rumoured shortages coming.
Yes, I will be at the Uni of NSW STANSW conference in December, my workmate Jasmina is going to the St Mary's one. See you around....
~Robyn