franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Happy New Year

Post by franco »

Hi everyone,
Happy New year to you all, and may it bring you organised teachers, science-loving students and experiments that work well first time, everytime!! Wishful thinking I know, but wouldn't it make our jobs so much easier!!

Sadly, I'm back at work today after a relaxing (other than Christmas) three week break at home. I could very easily get used to not working and find that work interferes with the social life I'd like to have! I am really looking forward to retirement - if I can ever afford to do it!

I have summer school classes running and prefer to work rather than come back to the mess that is always left in the wake of unsupervised teachers freely roaming the prep room!! Plus I'm off mid-March for 4 weeks to visit my parents in the UK to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. I have a great guy who relieves for me whenever I need time off during the term and he keeps things running along very smoothly so I don't worry about what I'll find when I return.

Is anybody else out there back at work? Commiserations if you are, otherwise I hope you're still having a great break from the daily grind.

Cheers,
Fran
Rita
State/Location: NSW

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Rita »

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Started back at work today (Thur 21/1/10).
Was greeted by decomposing mice near my desk. Sort of glad I put out the ratsak -better than having them running around.
Have a list of work to get on with....doesn't take long to know you are back!

Rita
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Happy New Year Everybody
Hope you all had a safe and restful holiday, now its time to put on our running shoes. I look forward to reading everyones wonderful news from over the break. congratulations!!!!! to all you happy noona's how very sweet it is. I got a baby of my own over the break, a golden retriever puppy. It's chewed through the telephone line, demolished the cane lounge and stolen our hearts. I'm dreading going home to see the damage done while I've been at work. Speaking of which ...
Welcome back
Love Krysia
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Yeah I started yesterday to get a couple of days prep before the mob
Hope you all have a good year!
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Hi all

Happy New Year.

I started back last week.
Frantic today trying to clear the decks and prep for the students return on Wed.

Up anchor.. up... up.. and off we go!!!!
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

First day back for me today. Geee, it's hard getting back into it.

I had a great two weeks in melbourne (boy, do my daughters love shopping!) and a week in Kalbarri (very relaxing, beach day, pub night!).
The best thing about coming back today is that I have an airconditioner!!!!!! :clap3: :clap3:
After 9 years of sweating it out in my prep room I arrived this morning to see a magical white box on the wall. Switched it on as soon as I walked in and it is beautiful in here.
I will certainly need it later in the week when wednesday to friday are predicted to be in the high 30's.

Welcome back to all and hello to any new people out there.

Day off tomorrow! :clap3: Australia Day! Yippee and then only 9 and 1/2 weeks until the next holidays!!! :cheesy: \:D/

Aaahh, feeling better already!
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Yeah. I've been back at work since last Thursday. Not bad. Two days on, two days off, one day on, one day off. I wonder if I can keep that up for the rest of the year?
Ian :D
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Hi All,
It is the eve of me starting at my brand new school in brand new labs!
I am nervous, excited and scared!

Trust me, i will be picking your brains in term 1...thats how long i will be there for.
So Happy New Year all!
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I was back at work on Tuesday last week and kids are back today (Wed 27th Jan) and I already have prac requests on my desk! My prep room still isn't sorted from last year because I was unable to come in over the holidays to make up hours I owed the school (although I tried!! Pest control one week, then I was away, then floors being stripped and polished when I came back...). So I already owe the school time this year which isn't such a bad thing. Hopefully an extra half hour here and there during the first week or two will keep me on top of things. I had a great holiday and am ready to getting organised again this term. Looking forward to the daily Chemtalk catch-ups!
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Happy New Year everyone!

Had a very productive holiday - a few days off after Christmas, then spring cleaned my house before renting out a room during the Country Music Festival. I used the income to go out and enjoy the amazing variety of music on offer in Tamworth myself, and had a great time! I'm not into 'Country & Western' but there is so much to choose from, I guarantee there's something for everyone, from heavy metal to classical and everything in between!
Think I've come back to work to recover, but still have the music in my head - wonder how long I'll keep the spring in my step?

Hope you all have a really good, positive and happy 2010.

Cheers!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!