Science Conference Hunter/Central Coast

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Louise
State/Location: NSW

Science Conference Hunter/Central Coast

Post by Louise »

Hi
The Hunter/Central Coast Department of Education and Training RSRG Science Assistants Conference is again being held at Kurri Kurri TAFE on the 27th July 2009 starting at 8.45am. Applications through INPRINCIPAL or through the Hunter/Central Coast Intranet.
Accomodation is available at the TAFE for those who travel at a VERY reasonable rate and the surroundings are lovely and we are 14km from the vineyards. Please email me LOUISE.WAY@det.nsw.edu.au for info or ring the TAFE regarding accomodation 02 49360300. I have attached the program for the day
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Science Conference Hunter/Central Coast

Post by fibreweb »

This sounds great :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Is it only for people in the Hunter/Central coast or would we be able to travel down from Tamworth to attend. If we get up early we could make it down and back in the day.

It would be interesting to hear and ask about risk assesments and Chemical safety from Joseph Merino being the DET project officer- Science. Especially asking him all the questions we have been discussing regarding risk assessments and MSDS. :thumbup:

Wendy
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Post by trish armstrong »

Hi,
It sounds like an interesting day.Could you tell us the cost for the day and any other details, like is it open to mid north coast lab assistants, with this info can ask my HOD and principal if we can go.
Trish. :D
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by MariaC »

:D Yes Im very interested but need to know the cost before i start trying to butter up the HT :thumbup:

Cheers Maria
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Oh I so would love to go, BUT unfortunately I will be lazing around on a beach somewhere in Malaysia sipping drinks and enjoying my honeymoon :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sassi - only 6 weeks to goooooooo :drunk: :yahoo: :drunk:
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School

Post by MariaC »

:-( Oh Sassi what a shame, can't you reschedule or something :cheesy:
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Went to Dept web page cost is $55.00 not bad
Might try and come as well
Noona
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

I'd also be very interested in attending this day. The program looks good - well done, Louise!

That's School Development day, isn't it? Hopefully I can convince the school to let Laura, a keen casual who'll be doing 5 days/fortnight here when I move, go, even if they can't send both of us.
Fingers crossed!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar

Post by Lis »

Is this for DET schools only or can independent schools attend too
Louise

Post by Louise »

:wub: :wub: :wub: This Conference Day is for DET staff only Sorry,and the cost to out of area Labbies is $88 and numbers are limited to 50 (so please get in early) applications are through the Hunter/central Coast Intranet/professional learning. Sorry for the extra cost but the day is subsidised by the Hunter/Central Coasts SASS Reference Group and we can only subidise those in our area. Every sector / area in NSW has a reference group and they are given funds to implement training for SASS Staff. 8) 8)