Far North Coast Microscope Repair

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore
State/Location: NSW

Far North Coast Microscope Repair

Post by Robdean »

Does anyone up this way (North Coast NSW) have the name of a reliable person who could have a look at some of our microscopes - main problem is difficulty focusing, though a couple of scratched lenses too.
Thanks heaps
Robyn
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Re: Far North Coast Microscope Repair

Post by lizzieb »

Hi Robyn,

Give John from Scientrific at Yamba a ring. He came to Tamworth a few years ago, set up at THS and all the local schools brought their microscopes for repair. What was meant to take a couple of days ended up being a week! Maybe you could organise something similar.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi Robyn,
We just had all ours serviced and some parts replaced by a retired man in Murwillumbah. Might be a bit far away for you, but if you get desperate!!
Let me know if you need his number.
Estelle
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

Thanks for that - didn't even give John a thought even though we buy plenty from him! At one stage we also had a retired man, Keith,I think, but we've lost contact since he's moved. Will pass the info to my HT.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Hi Robyn,

What a lovely name!!

If none of these other suggestions work out, James from Eyepoint Instruments in Sydney (02 9673 0012) goes on trips to different country areas visiting schools, colleges, hospitals, etc. He may be able to include you on his next trip north.

Cheers,

Robbie