CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn
State/Location: NSW

Paper towel dispensers

Post by CC »

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the schools that have had an upgrade got paper towel dispensers in their new classrooms. If so, did it come with the rest of the work or did the school pay for them. We did not get paper dispensers and frankly my classrooms look like a war zone when everybody is after the roll of paper.

I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing break and is refreshed when we get back

CC
ri
State/Location: NSW

Re: Paper towel dispensers

Post by ri »

Hi, I was just scrolling around and came to your post.
When we designed our new building 5 years ago, the school outfitted our 6 labs, 3 prep rooms and staffroom with paper towel dispensers.
The labs have the Tork continuous paper towelling and the prep rooms have the interleaved ones.
Our prac request/risk assessment order form specifies any liquids must be wiped up with paper towelling. It's an OH&S issue here.
Having said that, do you think I could get paper towell dispensers in the staff toilets??? :cry2:
The powers that be did not want to put holes in the new tiles...#@**!!?!
Cheers,
Robyn
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Re: Paper towel dispensers

Post by dolphinscales »

No we did not have any in our classrooms - we are only 9 years old as a school.
the science department brought their own and i put them up.
we got teh centre feed ones that way less chance of the paper coming out thru missfeed- you know when the paper folded ones get stuck teh kids pull the paper and more than one sheet comes out - then rather than use that up they throw it away ??? we foundteh centre feed works much better. For us in any case