pH electrode soaking solution

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Robb
State/Location: NSW

pH electrode soaking solution

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

If anyone is interested in the composition of a pH electrode soaking solution let me know and I will share it with you. I haven't posted it at the moment as this is a recipe I have created. It extends the life of pH electrodes and offers a solution for the electrodes to be left in safely.

It is a special recipe to me and I am willing to share this with you if you are interested in it.

Normally commercial solutions are worth a fair bit, but the ingredients are usually in everyone's Lab. It is simple to prepare and suits any pH electrode.

Let me know if you are interested in this by contacting me through the Private Messages option.

Robb...
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

G'day Robb
I have always used 0.1 M Potassium Iodide Solution.
Have I had it wrong?
or is there a better way?
Robb

pH Electrode Soaking Solution

Post by Robb »

There is a better way as such. It is more Electrode friendly. I have developed it to enhance the sensitivity of the electrode without jeopardising the surface of the glass membrane, or having the continued molecular displacement at the surface of the membrane which in turn prevents leakage of the electrode solution within the electrode itself. This extends the life of the electrode for years to come.

Having said that I am willing to give this recipe to anyone whom sends a Personal message as this is something I am wiling to share to those people whom are interested. I won’t advertise it in the forum as such, as this is something that I have personally worked for and has been a long time in the process to achieving this goal.

I will let you know in my Personal Message reply.

Cheers,

Robb…..
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

kerryw
State/Location: VIC

ph solution

Post by kerryw »

Hi Robb

I would like your recipe for the electrode solution but not sure how to contact you through the private message system that you are talking about
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Kerryw,

I have sent you a reply through the Personal Message option here on Chemtalk.

All you need to do is Click on the Personal Messages word on the left hand side of this page, located Directly under the Survey Question. (to be more precise it is directly under your name in the User info box).

Just click on it and the screen will load with my message, click on the subject of ph Electrode Soaking Solution and the message I sent you will load.

If all else fails let me know using the forums and we can go from there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Robb..........
University of Newcastle.

Whspa

pH electrode rejuvenation

Post by Whspa »

I have tried to send a you a pm twice and they don't seem to have got through.
Can you send me the recipe for the soaking solution, please.
Carol
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Whspa,

I received one of those Personal Messages and I have replied back to you regarding the requested pH Electrode Soaking Solution.

Thanks,

Robb.....
University of Newcastle.

Robb

pH Electrode Soaking Solution (Last Chance).

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

Last Chance before I certainly close the door on this one...

If anyone is interested in the composition of a pH electrode soaking solution let me know and I will share it with you. I haven't posted it at the moment as this is a recipe I have created. It extends the life of pH electrodes and offers a solution for the electrodes to be left in safely.

It is a special recipe to me and I am willing to share this with you if you are interested in it.

Normally commercial solutions are worth a fair bit, but the ingredients are usually in everyone's Lab. It is simple to prepare and suits any pH electrode.

I have asked once again to at least offer the new people to Chemtalk a chance at getting something from the site that is very beneficial to the graceful pH electrode. This certainly will help those dusty old pH probes.

I have also steps in the rejuvenation process of pH electrodes. If anyone is interested in this as well send a Private Message to me and I will share it with you. Let me know if you are interested in this by contacting me through the Private Messages option.

Robb...
University of Newcastle.