Check your invoices, don't take it anymore!

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

Check your invoices, don't take it anymore!

Post by coxy »

I recently ordered some polaroid filters through Q-Stores (page 730) in the Education Catalogue, 2008. Price in there is $7-58, when I got the bill I was charged over $44 each. I rang them and was told the Tax Invoice had the correct price. My argument was that having had the catalogue over 10 months, surely some other school must have ordered these items, and I had received no notification of an incorrect price.
So, I contacted Fair Trading, followed it through, photocopied the catalogue page and front cover, and filled in the paperwork. I did tell my SAM, and HT and Principal what I was doing, and contacted the legal dept of the Education Dept. (But I was still totally on my own in the action). Yesterday I was informed by Fair Trading that Q-stores will "let me" have them for the price in the catalogue. Their argument was that there is a "disclaimer" in the front of the catalogue stating that prices are subject to change. My argument was that the price had not changed in any way at all, it had been incorrectly entered in the first place. I won! So please check your invoices, and don't let anyone put one over you, either in personal or private life.

Happy holidays,
sunray18

Re: Check your invoices, don't take it anymore!

Post by sunray18 »

Good for you! Bravo!
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

10 out of 10 Sue! Well done! Sometimes we let the big guys win, but you followed it through to the winning end! Very proud of you. =D> =D>
Julie
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Sue
Well done
Say Hi to Gillian for me
Thanks
Rosalie Greystanes H S
lada

Post by lada »

Hi Sue, I had a similar experience with our waste removalist. Gave me a quote at $800 and when the bill came, it was double. I asked for a reason, he said the waste was more than I indicated. Luckily I kept the receipt from the truck driver, who estimated the amount of chemicals in different classes, and they were almost indentical to my estimate, so I kept refusing to pay, until the waste people show me proof of how much they think they collected. In the end,we just pay the amount quoted. I think they picked up somebody elses as well, and tried to charge it to us.
Must be vigilant
Lada :coffee:
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

wow well done there
most impressed - nothad that happen to me but glad to know if it does got seomthing we can do about it
coxy

Post by coxy »

Thanks for all your positive comments. I thought afterwards it was fairly petty over a few dollars, but then I thought of all our tax dollars, all the fat cats, and all the times I complain but do nothing, then thought "yep, it is a good thing to follow through". Have a great break everyone!
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

I also received the same filters yesterday and was overchardged. After several phonecalls to differenct customer service people yesterday I have been only charged the advertised price. I explained to them that due to rollover that our budgets had now closed for the year and whatever had been ordered prior to end of November had been taken our lof that budget and that due to the large difference in price that my new budget would not cover such a cost change. Also I explained that there was not a price increase but a miss print and that we had not been made aware of it and that they were aware of it and that they should have let us know in one of our special notices. The product was on back order for several weeks so they could have let us know prior to sending. So I also got several sets at the advertised price. Which I thinks is only fair. I also get sick of ordering for current books and then paying way over the price. I always check off against my roder form and then follow up with phone calls. It is worth the calls.

Every one out there in Chemtalk land have a very merry christams and if travelling drive safely to your holiday point. Hope santa finds you all.

KIMMY

:drunk: :coffee: :cheesy: :drunk: