glassware cleaner

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
DJ
State/Location: NSW

glassware cleaner

Post by DJ »

Hi there!

I've always used Sonex glassware cleaner, but Q Stores no longer sell it. To buy it direct from the manufacturer is out of the question, as the cost is now prohibitive.

I bought Detcon 95 last time but am very disappointed in it. It is a very sudsy product, requiring more rinsing. My glassware is now drying spotty and I'm having to re-do some of it. :-(

Can anyone recommend a GOOD, LOW SUDSING glassware detergent? I'm looking at 'Extran MA 03' and 'Pyroneg', but am certainly open to other suggestions. But, please, no sudsy ones!

Regards,
DJ
Robb

Glassware Detergent/Cleaner

Post by Robb »

Hi DJ,

Take a look at topic Glassware Detergent - Need a Recommendation in this forum.

This should be informative,

Cheers,

Robb.....

//EDITED by adam. Reason: Names of some forums have changed.
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
kate1

Post by kate1 »

Hi DJ,
I had the same problem last time I was buying glassware detergent. Eventually I bought Pryoneg from our local cleaning supply company. It is quite sudsy but I just use half of what it recommends and it is an OK compirimise. Not to sudsy but still enough cleaning power. I like pryoneg a lot more than sonex. It does a much better job. I used to have to scrub really hard to get the permenant marker off the glassware, but it lifts off realy easily with pryoneg. Hope this helps.

Kate