OHP screen cleaning????

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
carol58a
State/Location: NSW

OHP screen cleaning????

Post by carol58a »

I desperately need your help. One of our teachers accidentally wrote on an overhead projection screen with a whiteboard marker.
OOPS!!! How do we clean it? I have whiteboard cleaning solution, but it states for non-porous surfaces, so I am not game to use that.
Thanks,
Carol.
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Re: OHP screen cleaning????

Post by Voice »

Hi Carol,
Is it the white screen that the picture is projected to or the screen on the machine?
The whiteboard cleaning solution should work on the 'machine' screen but the other would be different.
I would try 'grafitti' remover. It works by first letting the solution soak into the writing, then it can be cleaned off. Do not rub; that just spreads it.
But think about it before you decide.
Check out the timetable and see when the offending teacher is free, go and get him/her. Then give him/her the solutions and say, "Go for it."
Hopefully it would stop him/her ever doing it again!
Maree
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Metho. Works every time.

We've had exactly the same thing happen here a few times.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
carol58a

Post by carol58a »

I think I will go with the metho. We don't have grafitti remover anyway, but plenty of metho.
Thankyou both so much.
Carol.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Eucalyptus Oil works a treat!!
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

If you're not into using chemicals unless you have to, there are these sponges available. They are called "Amazing Eraser" or something like that.(there's a few different brands available)They are sold at any supermarket. They are great for any texta/graffitti/lead pencil etc removal, and you just wet them with water. I try to have one when checking a room after a prac, because they will remove most graffitti, and it gets the job done there and then. A word of warning though, they actually disintergrate as you use it(not instantly) so I use a corner at a time. A great little time saver. I also use them to get marks off the beakers(students writing stuff with pens etc) as I am loading the dishwasher, as a lot of those marks don't come off otherwise.
Cheers,
Lisa