Which Data Logger

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Noela
State/Location: NSW

Which Data Logger

Post by Noela »

Hi All,

We are looking at purchasing a class set of data loggers for use in both junior and senior classes.

I would be very interested in feed back concerning the different data loggers that are being used out there in scjhools and also anything you can tell me about the accessories. How student freindly are they? etc.

Thank you
Have a nice day.
Noela
bernie
State/Location: QLD

Post by bernie »

We have used the TI calc and data loggers in the past. We alway got problems with the links and down loading to computers so that only experienced teachers tended to use them and I was forever being called to check the links.
We have now changed over to the Go links($135) and Go motion ($228) which plug straight into a computer - we use laptops to make them more portable. All our vernier probes fit these links and they are so simple that all our teachers are willing to use them.

You put the software supplied on to the computer, then plug the link in and the probe and the computer automatically recognised the probe and the relevant program comes up and your ready to do your sampling/testing. You can then just save as any other program. Could not be simpler.

The only draw back is that they are not as portable as a calculator and data logger but it is not that much trouble to take a lap top especially as you know it is going to work

Bernadette
Steph

Post by Steph »

We are using the Pasco dataloggers, which are quite easy to use remotely or attached to the computer.
Noela

Post by Noela »

Hi Bernadette and Steph,

Thanks for your help. I will look into both the Vernier and the Pasco data loggers.

Bless you
Have a great day
Noela
Robb

Data Loggers

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we here at Lake Munmorah have sets of Easysense Advance Data loggers.

Cheers,

Robb.
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Miranda
State/Location: VIC

Post by Miranda »

Wee too have Pasco data loggers and find them fantastic.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Data Loggers?

Post by Ian »

Hi there. I'm new to this group. (Been a Lab assistant only this year!)
Another question on Data Loggers.
We have the Easy Sense Advance DL, and we are a Macintosh OS X based school. Apparently Serrata, and also the Easy Sence people do not supply any software for Mac OS X. (although they DID support OS9!!). Does any body know of any software that can be used with Easy Sence and Mac OS X?
regards
Ian