franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Block bridge

Post by franco »

Hi everyone,
I've checked catalogues and been online and cannot find what I am looking for, so now I'm doing what I should have done to begin with - post on the Chemtalk forum because with the amazing diversity of knowledge someone is bound to know. Where can I buy a bridge building kit made of wooden blocks similar to the attached photo?
Cheers,
Fran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: Block bridge

Post by smiley »

Ancient Britain?
Cheers, K 8-)
Sassi
State/Location: NSW

Post by Sassi »

And I was just about to write ancient Rome! You beat me to it Smiley! Oh well great minds think alike, hehehehe...
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College

Post by Jen1 »

Fran that looks really cool, if you do find a supplier please post it on this website.
cheers
Jen
sharonm

Post by sharonm »

I have an idea that could work. Your maintenance man or a parent that is a carpenter or builder etc may be able to make it for you by using the original as a template.
A thought for you. :coffee:
Kind regards,
Sharon
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

I love it! I want one for home - wouldn't the grandkids have fun \:D/

Sharon's idea is good - and make it out of hebel blocks
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Try to contact serrata or q store if they can import for you,this kit is from USA, but idea of DIY is great

http://www.enasco.com/product/SB31091M
Cheers Jazz
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

What about a good toy shop - or a Hobby shop - you know the type that sells models etc... My kids used to have wooden blocks that had arches and things in the set - and they made things like that...
I get a lot of interesting bits and pieces from Toy ashops AND Australian Geographic shops...
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

I am with Pamela on this one. Try a good toy shop. As someone with grandsons, this type of thing is around, it will just take time to find it.
Maree
Jen
State/Location: VIC

Post by Jen »

Hi Fran

Haines Educational have a "Roman Arch building set" in their latest catalogue - item number 40500 $59.00.

Their phone number is 03 95686966 and they are located in Oakleigh, Victoria. I don't know whether it appears when you do a search of their online catalogue.

Says it is a "working model" and I recall seeing a picture in their catalogues from years back and it was just like the one you showed.

Good luck

Jen
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College

Post by Jen1 »

the roman arch from Haines measures 440 x 170mm when constructed and
has 20 pieces. Yours in the photo looks bigger than that. Is it?
Cheers
Jen
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill

Post by franco »

Hi all,
Thanks very much for your assistance and ideas. Being a senior college (17+) we don't have a D & T centre and can't ask parents either. As a tradesman, my husband is very handy in a workshop and sometimes does jobs for me at the weekend, but I liked the sound of the Haines one and asked them to send me a photo; poor quality but is enough to show that it's exactly what I'm looking for. A big thankyou to Jen for the information. To Jen1, at 380 x 145mm mine is a bit smaller than the Haines one. Even so, the physics lecturers are able to stand on the completed structure and from all accounts it's been used for years.
Cheers,
Fran
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Hi there,
I found a kit for this in Australian Geographic today .. may be just what you are looking for .. was about $70...