Approved Chemicals

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Sam
State/Location: NT

Approved Chemicals

Post by Sam »

Hi Everyone

I posted this on the NT site because i know that it is a state by state thing.

Do we have an updated Chemical Approved List. The one that i have is from 2002 and i have quick a few chemicals that are not on the list and not on the NOT approved list.

I need to find out what i will be budgeting for disposal of chemicals and i dont want to dispose of chemicals that i dont have to.

Ta! Sam
carolg
State/Location: NSW

chemical list

Post by carolg »

Hi Sam,
Not sure how much this will help since I am in NSW. We got the list in Appendix D of the Chemical Safety in Schools Package. This was in 2001 or 2 can't remember. I still use that same list as it seems to make sense. For chemicals not in the list (the package says) you can still use them after a suffient risk assessment has been done and signed off by appropriate people. We did get rid of our banned chemicals then and also the one which was on the "Black list", but that was our option to keep it or use it as per the protocol.
Hope this helps
Carol
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Approved Chem Update List

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

There is a website specific to NSW DET that I have posted on the Home Page of Chemtalk. It gives the address for the Web portal access to Chemsafety and there is a section here where you can retrieve updates for Approved Chem Items.

Hope this helps,

Maybe we can send Sam a faxed list of these chemicals for a cross reference for your perusal, keeping in mind that these are specific to NSW. This will no doubt help out though.

Let me know if you would like me to pass this on?

Robb......
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **