Absolute zero on SBS

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

Absolute zero on SBS

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Wondering if anyone saw & recorded the 2 part series " Absolute Zero" on SBS the last 2 Sunday nights.
Was really brilliant, but I forgot to have a video tape handy...both times.

If anyone has recorded it, can I please have a copy.. I will pay postage/replacement tape/disks etc. [-o<
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: Absolute zero on SBS

Post by Slartibartfast »

If no one has it for you, try JB Hifi, they stock most of the ABC's and SBS's documentries and series on DVD.

We've sourced loads of stuff through them and if they don't have it, they'll track it down for you, even from overseas.

I check their website first, and if I have no luck I ring them as they seem to be able to find stuff instore the website doesn't list as available.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Hi SlartiB
I rang JB, and they said that they will get it in ...but said to call back in a few mths.

Do SBS do direct sales?
I have been looking for a website, no success.
Jen
State/Location: VIC

Post by Jen »

Hi all

A company worth considering is Tape Services South Australia - Google for the address.

They tape free to air programs for use in educational settings.

It has the program you want in either DVD or VHS for $39.95.

Cheers

Jen
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Thanks Jen
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

this school subscribes to enhance tv... is great resource.. it sends out a list of the programmes that are to be screened for the next week.. gives synopsis, date and time of screening and is arranged into KLAs... I just scan through it and pass on the ones I think we may find useful.. the Library then records them under Licence... IF we miss out for some reason, they also sell copies.
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Morning Barbara!
Our very clever library assistant has recorded this show (without even asking! Such a treasure!) but on Clickview. Let me know if you know about Clickview and I 'll tell you how I can get you a copy.
Regards,
Lou. :D
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

We have MYTH TV. We access it via our schools portal and it shows what programs are coming up a month in advance and will record anything electronically if we want - even programmable to record the entire series automatically. We burn it to DVD for a more permenant copy for our faculty. The channels it covers are ABCHD & 2, SBS HD & 2 Prime HD, NBN HD, SC10 and some nonsence called Mytalk.

I love it because it includes shows like The Bill and Topgear! Not exactly science based but allows me to watch them on my PC during my lunchbreak! :D
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

I believe Top Gear relates to Physics, acceleration, braking etc so it would be science related and therefore you are well within your rights to watch that at other times than your lunch break. Not sure if there is too much science in the Bill though.

I have been caught watching Brainiac on a school laptop when a non-science class was on in a computer room and when asked what I was doing I said "I was watching a Science related program, so I am allowed to do it and there was nothing that they could do about it"
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Hi Lou

Very clever Library asst!

No I am not aware of Clickview at all
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Hi Barb,
I can download the show onto a thumb drive and depending on how much memory it takes, the program to enable viewing it (otherwise you go Clickview on the net and download the program). Now this will not allow you to tape it, but if you are looking at having a copy for a class to view it, it can then be done with a laptop and and a data projector.
Don't know if this any use to you, maybe it is just too much "farnarkaling" involved... :oops:
Up to you, just let me know...
Havagudweegend!
Lou.
coxy

Post by coxy »

I didn't copy the first ABSOLUTE ZERO, but I do have part 2 on DVD. However, it is on the same DVD as "Six Billion Dollar Experiment" which goes for 50 minutes, and 5 minutes of a show on Cochlear implants & Soundwaves. If you don't mind the confusion, I can do a copy for you and post it this week. Let me know sue.cox2@education.nsw.gov.au
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

"Not sure if there is too much science in the Bill though."

I'm sure there'd be some forensics in there somewhere... and problem solving etc. :)
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Loopy.. thanks for the offer, but it sounds a bit too techno fro me to cope with. I asked the multimedia people & the IT crowd. Maybe best if I dont take the clickview offer.
Thanks anyway :-)

Sue.. thank you. :-)
shiva

Post by shiva »

Download utorrent, install it. (It is a bit torrent client).
Then do a search for Absolute Zero.
You can then download it.
Great doco.
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Shiva
Just found your post.
I will look intoi whether we can get the utorrent installed at school. will talk to the IT crowd
Thanks