lab furniture

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

lab furniture

Post by RosalieL »

I have done a search for lab refurbishments but most seem to be quite old. We have been given 2 weeks to come up with suggestions/requests for an upgrade to one of our labs to make it prac-only because our class sizes have increased but not quite enough to add extra classes. Currently our labs have the benches around the perimeter. We would be looking at having some benches around the outside and then some in the centre of the room.

Has anyone got current recommendations for suppliers of benches that have the built-in sinks, gas taps and power points etc? Bonus points if they are mobile rather than fixed as we are (fingers crossed [-o< ) getting new labs in a few years.

Open to any suggestions at this point!
ottenc
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Leighland Christian School
State/Location: TAS

Re: lab furniture

Post by ottenc »

I know Westlab do mobile benches with Gas/liquid/power. No idea how, but might be worth talking to them? Don't think they do mobile sinks though. Might need fixed sinks around the outside and mobile benches in the middle?
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

I'd chat to Westlab first then go from there
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

Post by RosalieL »

We are in conversation with westlab now. I wondered if there were other suppliers but they seem to be the only ones! What they have looks good so hopefully the school will agree to spend some $$...