100ml dropper bottles

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

100ml dropper bottles

Post by RosalieL »

What do you use 100ml droppers for? We have some here that are brand new. They don't fit in the unitrays. Do any of you use them for anything? Do you use them in the unitrays without the divider? or is there a different storage tray that's convenient for a set of 10? I was thinking universal indicator would be good in them but I'm not sure how to keep them conveniently on the shelf...
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: 100ml dropper bottles

Post by Merilyn1 »

Can you buy caps for them? You could save them for prac exams where they need <100mL of solution per student. If you want to use them for dropper bottles, could you get your TAS people to drill holes in a block of wood to fit the bottles?
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

you can get the solid caps from Science Supply.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland

Post by mtg »

I still use them, I use a sturdy food storage container to store 6 x. I print labels off riskassess for the bottles and the container. I prefer the 50ml, the rubber teat/droppers do perish though. I get mine at the end of the year usually with budget remainder, or to flesh out an order. You can just use a rubber stopper depending on the solution, handy for indicators you only need a little bit of.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School

Post by Anna Z »

I tend to tore our chemicals with the sealed caps and only swap over to the rubber droppers for use in class. Got sick of all the droppers perishing.