beakers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

beakers

Post by RosalieM »

Hi All,
I am wanting to order some more beakers but I am looking for the ones that are graduated to their volume. So far I have only come across the ones that are less than their volume. Eg a 50ml beaker graduated to 40ml. 1000ml beaker graduated to 900ml. I am looking for 50ml graduated to 50ml and 1000ml graduated to 1000ml. Does anyone know which supplier I should be chasing for these?
Thanks,
Rosalie
labman
State/Location: SA

Re: beakers

Post by labman »

Hi Rosalie,
I have a variety of both in my collection. By that I mean some of my beakers are graduated to their volume. I've noticed that the Schott/Duran, and Kimax brand are not graduated to their volume, but just about all of the Pyrex brand are. A lot of my stock was here before me, so I wouldn't know what came from where, but maybe you could ring some suppliers, and ask if their stock is graduated as you need. That might be your best bet, as I get the feeling they shop around, and don't necessarily stock the same brands consistently.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Lisa
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo
State/Location: NSW

Re: beakers

Post by Mother »

Hi Rosalie
What I have done in the past when ordering beakers of specific volume e.g. 500mls.I order the next volume up and order 600ml beakers.This will give you a reading for 500mls.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Mother