White Boards

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Julia
State/Location: WA

White Boards

Post by Julia »

Hi all,

Has anybody ever had to re-coat any of your whiteboards?
The trouble is over the years the film has come off and
everytime any of the teachers write on them they have to
use the special whiteboard cleaner spray to remove the text.

Just wondering if anyone knows of the approximate cost too.

Thanks
Julz
rp
State/Location: NSW

Post by rp »

Hi Julia
In Q stores there is a film that you can put on the whiteboard.
I don't know if it is only a temporary measure or not.
(It looks a bit like glad wrap.)You could ring them up and ask about it.
I was thinking of buying , it as our boards are only a year or 2 old and they are hopeless.
regards Rhonda
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Re: White Boards

Post by bigmack »

An old topic but We are in a similar situation that our old whiteboards are hopeless .
We got a new one last year and some darling has scratched it severely and it needs replacing again .

So been checking out 2400 x 1200mm Magnetic white boards

Staples has a penrite Porcelain one for $364 and OfficeMax has a penrite Prenmium for $218

Does anyone know what the porcelain refers to and is it much better than the premium ?
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

OK did my homework on this
The Premium ones have a 5 year warrantee , these are the ones we have at present . The teachers hate them .

The Porcelain ones have a ceramic coating which has a 25 year warrantee and is scratch and dint resistant as well as they claim won't ghost or stain.

We have ordered one of these porcelain ones this time to see if it lives up to its claims

Another issue we have is using different whiteboard markers . The Artline 500a seem to work the best but the Staedtler Lumocolor are crap and the teachers detest them claiming it was when they started using these that their whiteboards started to fail :?
Ines

Post by Ines »

Hi Julia,
One of our whiteboards was not in a very good condition and last year term 3, I cleaned it up well with some whiteboard cleaner/conditioner from OfficeMax, then I sprayed it with WD40, let it soak in for a few minutes and wiped it clean with paper towel. The board is still working well today.
I have cleaned other whiteboards with Windex, and it seems to do the trick. I hope this help, even if it is just for now until you get another one.
Regards, Ines
Lorikeet
Job Title: Purveyor of stuff
School: Broughton Anglican College
Suburb: Menangle

Post by Lorikeet »

I have seen Post-it dry erase surface so you can recoat existing boards .. 1800 x 1200 is on clearance with office max for $135 ATM ... I have to look at one of ours which is very scratched and not recoverable
With thanks Kate :coffee: