Laboratory Safety Signs

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Laboratory Safety Signs

Post by Lyn »

If you are looking for safety signs then google - science laboratory safety signs. You will find a site called chemistry.about.com which has images of virtually any safety sign you might need (95 images). At different times I have had signs printed in colour by the science coordinator and the WHS person. They can be printed off on a colour printer (A4 size) and then laminated. If your school is serious about WHS issues then this should not be a problem.
Signs which I have in all laboratories are:
Escape Route (posted at all exits to the laboratories); First Aid (on the prep room doors); Eyewash; Safety Shower; Do Not Enter (on prep room doors); Protective Footwear; and Eye Protection Required (both at the front of the labs next to the smartboards so the kids can't miss them). There are also Fire Extinguishers signs just in case there are no signs near your fire extinguishers. There is also a sign for using lasers which I am thinking that I should print out to put into the Physics lab for when they use the laser equipment. Hope this is of some use to those who need to signpost their labs.
Lyn.
P.S. We did have an inspection by WH&S some time back and they were impressed with all the signs. :D
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: Laboratory Safety Signs

Post by Merilyn1 »

Thanks Lyn, that sounds really useful. It can be difficult finding decent signs on the net. Where I am, the previous labby put the warning sign in with the laser, I guess that way the teacher will always remember to put it up :cheesy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes we have warning signs in with some things, Caution HOT with the hot plates, Laser warning sign in with the laser.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

does anyone have a 'no student entry' sign for the lab door they can share.
We've recently had problems with students entering the prep room, and being smart about it that 'there is no sign'
I've googled and found a few such as 'access denied" etc
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

We just have "no entry" and "staff access only" on our doors
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Here's one I made myself for the prep room...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jody1
Job Title: Allrounder
School: Casula High School (currently)
Suburb: Casula

Post by Jody1 »

I was only having a discussion about this yesterday with one of the teachers about students entering the prep room, so thank you for that sign! I have printed out a couple and will get them laminated and put up on the prep room doors right now!!! By the way, it's a great sign!!!
Jody :D
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

I'm never quite sure whether that man is on the outside or on the inside. Some days, I feel I'm like him but on the inside of the room, holding back the masses outside!
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Thank you!
My staff are quite amused at my ACCESS DENIED sign on the doors. :)
And I did find a new post for my wall collection of funny stuff. It is called the Yuppie labbie dress code or - where the safety goggles are D&G :) etc